Licence to Undertake an Activity Prohibited by a Chemical Control Order - New South Wales


You may need this licence if you intend to undertake an activity prohibited by a Chemical Control Order (CCO). Activities for which this licence may be required include the manufacture, processing, distribution, conveyance, use, storage, sale or disposal of chemicals or chemical waste.

CCOs are used by the agency to control particular chemicals and / or chemical wastes that have a significant potential to impact on the environment.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


You may apply for a general or short term licence. The duration of a short term licence must be less than 1 year.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $1460.00

Fees for 2023-24

Apply Licence All $730.00

Fees for 2023-24

Renew Renewal All $910.00

Fees for 2023-24

Transfer Transfer All $165.00

Fees for 2023-24

Act(s) name

Environmentally Hazardous Chemicals Act 1985 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Environmentally Hazardous Chemicals Regulation 2017 New South Wales

Administering agency

Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water

NSW Environment Protection Authority

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.