You will require this registration to practice as a veterinary practitioner in New South Wales for a specific purpose or for a limited time. For example, this registration allows you to practice if your overseas veterinary science qualifications are not recognised in Australia and you intend to sit the National Veterinary Exam for full registration.
A veterinary practitioner provides:
- diagnosis, medical or surgical treatment of disease or injury in animals
- advice on the health and welfare of animals and public health and safety of animal food products.
Limited registration may include one of the following conditions:
- that you are supervised by a veterinary practitioner when working
- that you must only perform specific tasks
- any other conditions that are considered appropriate.
Applications for limited registration as a veterinary practitioner are assessed by the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW.
You will not need to apply for this registration if you live outside of New South Wales and are already registered as a veterinary practitioner in another state or territory.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.