You may require consent to do any of the following activities in the Lord Howe Island Permanent Park Preserve:
- take or keep animals in a park
- drive, ride, operate or use any machinery, plant, vehicle, vessel or aircraft in a manner likely to interfere with or cause a nuisance
- play music or operate a television in a manner likely to interfere with or cause a nuisance
- light, maintain or use a fire
- engage in certain recreational and sporting activities including abseiling, base jumping, bungee jumping, caving and paragliding.
The majority of the land area of Lord Howe Island is reserved as part of the Permanent Park Preserve in order to protect the native flora and fauna. Please refer to the Act for details of the land involved.
Consent may be granted by means of a written statement, a notice or in the form of a permit, licence, approval or other form of authorisation.