Major Hazard Facility Licence and Notification - New South Wales


You will need this licence if you operate a facility that has been determined by the agency to be a major hazard site. Major hazard sites are facilities with hazardous chemicals in large amounts, like oil refineries, chemical processing plants, large chemical and gas storage depots and warehouses.

Please be aware that you must notify the agency within three months if your facility has exceeded a quantity of chemicals prescribed by Schedule 15. Schedule 15 is attached as a resource.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


Up to five years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

You do not need to pay any fees.

Lodgement process


Notification of a major hazard facility must be given to the agency within three months.

Administering agency

Department of Customer Service

SafeWork NSW

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.