You will need a mining lease to extract minerals for the purpose of commercial mining. A mine is any artificial or naturally occurring place, pit, shaft or other excavation where the extraction of minerals from the ground occurs.
Due to the potential for environmental harm that may be caused by an incorrectly operated mine site there are stringent planning processes that must be complied with for your application to be successful. In addition to this, if your lease application is granted it will be subject to a number of conditions which may relate to:
- mining or mining operations
- transporting of materials or equipment used for mining
- treatment or preparation of minerals prior to sale
- disposal or storage of waste generate from the extraction of minerals
- activities that are conducted in the vicinity of the mine site.