Permission to Develop or Subdivide Maritime Areas - New South Wales


You will need this approval if you intend to create or amend a development in specified maritime areas owned by the agency.

Maritime areas owned by the agency include:

  • the beds of Sydney Harbour, Botany Bay, Newcastle Harbour and Port Kembla Harbour
  • certain reclaimed land, dry land and intertidal land.

You must first receive permission from the agency to lodge an application before it may be submitted to the consent authority for approval. The agency is the consent authority for most developments on Sydney Harbour. However, local council approval may also be required if a development extends to land that is not regulated by the agency.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.


Lodgement process


You can use lodge your planning applications online via the e-lodgement platform.

Administering agency

Transport for NSW

Roads and Maritime Services

NSW Maritime Division

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.