You will need this permit if you intend to purchase a non-prohibited firearm for the purpose of conveying the firearm out of Australia.
This permit does not authorise the permit holder to take physical possession of the firearm. The permit is used to confirm your purchase of the firearm and will only be issued if the Agency is satisfied that you are about to leave Australia.
An authorised firearms dealer or agent is required to deliver the firearm directly to the Australian Customs Service.
You may obtain a permit to purchase the following types of firearms:
- air rifle
- rimfire rifle (not self-loading)
- shotgun (not self-loading or pump action)
- shotgun / rimfire rifle combination
- muzzle loading firearms (other than pistols)
- centre-fire rifle (not self-loading)
- shotgun / centre-fire rifle combination