You will require this registration if you intend to operate or be involved in the operation of a pharmacy business in NSW. Only a registered pharmacist, a partnership of registered pharmacists or a
pharmacists' body corporate can be involved in the operation of a pharmacy business in NSW.
A pharmacy business involves:
- the preparation, packaging and / or storage of drugs by or under the supervision of a pharmacist for supply to individual patients or to health care facilities
- the sale of goods.
This registration is not required if these types of activities are conducted in a public hospital controlled by a public health organisation.
To register your pharmacy business,
you must supply details of the premises where the business will be located. You must also supply the names of anyone who will have a financial interest in the business. An individual is considered to have a financial interest in a pharmacy business if they are:
- an owner of a pharmacy business
- a partner in a pharmacy business
- a director and / or shareholder in a pharmacists' body corporate
- a trustee or beneficiary of a pharmacy business.
You must lodge your application for registration at least 14 days before the intended opening date of your pharmacy business.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.