You will require this licence if you intend to operate a business that will be involved in any of the following activities involving high risk plant products:
- Processing of fruit or vegetables to produce fresh cut ready-to-eat products;
- Sprouting and processing of seed spouts;
- Extraction and / or packaging of juice from fruit or vegetables where the juice is not subsequently pasteurised;
- Production of vegetables or fruit in oil;
- Refrigerated storage of these plant products; and
- Refrigerated distribution and / or transporting of these plant products.
Please note that:
- All businesses that supply high risk plant products must comply with relevant parts of the Food Standards Code; and
- Depending on the nature of your activities you may need to have an audited Food Safety Program in place for your business.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.