You will require this licence if you intend to operate a business that will be involved in any of the following activities involving high risk plant products:
- processing of fruit or vegetables to produce fresh cut ready-to-eat products
- sprouting and processing of seed spouts
- extraction and / or packaging of juice from fruit or vegetables where the juice is not subsequently pasteurised
- production of vegetables or fruit in oil
- refrigerated storage of these plant products
- refrigerated distribution and / or transporting of these plant products.
Please note that:
- all businesses that supply high risk plant products must comply with relevant parts of the Food Standards Code
- depending on the nature of your activities you may need to have an audited Food Safety Program in place for your business.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.