You will require this permit if you intend to purchase batons and handcuffs for use in approved security activities. This permit authorises you to purchase, possess and use batons and handcuffs either as:
- a security firm for use by authorised employees
- a security guard for use in the course of your employment for the approved security activities.
The types of batons and handcuffs authorised by this permit are outlined in the attached document and include extendible or telescopic batons.
Approved security activities for 1A, 1D or 1F licence holders include:
- carrying on control room operations
- patrolling, protecting, watching or guarding cash (cash in transit) or other valuables
- patrolling, protecting, watching or guarding an airport or other infrastructure.
Approved security activities for 2D licence holders include either:
- providing training or instruction in a security activity
- assessing another person's training, instruction or competencies in relation to any security activity.
To be granted this approval you must demonstrate that you have been trained in the use of batons and handcuffs.