You may need to register your plant design if you are in management or control of an item of plant, or if you have designed an item of plant. Plant includes:
- any machinery, equipment, appliance, container, implement and tool
- any component of those things
- anything fitted or connected to any of those things.
Items of plant that must have their design registered include:
- vehicle hoists
- certain amusement devices
- building maintenance units
- concrete placing booms
- prefabricated scaffolding
- mast climbing work platforms
- work boxes suspended from cranes
- boom type elevating work platforms
- lifts, escalators and moving walkways
- mobile cranes with a rated capacity of greater than 10 tonnes
- tower crane including self-erecting town cranes
- boilers and pressure vessels with a hazard level of A, B, C or D
- hoists with platform movement of more than 2.4 metres designed to lift people
- passenger ropeways
- gantry cranes.
Manufacturers, importers, and suppliers of plant are prohibited from supplying plant unless the design of that plant is registered. Registration may not be required if the plant design is registered in another state.