You will need this registration if you intend to carry out an activity as a combat sport industry participant or promoter. Combat sport means any sport, material art or activity where the primary objective of each contestant is to strike, kick, hit, throw or punch one or more of the other contestants.
A promoter is a person who has control of the promotion of a combat sport contest. An industry participant includes the following:
- Matchmaker: act on behalf of a promoter to arrange combat sport contests.
- Trainer: supervise the training or instruction of a combatant or provide advice or assistance to a combatant during a contest.
- Manager: represent the interests of a combatant and includes directing or controlling the combat sport activities of a combatant.
- Second: assist a combatant and trainer in the preparation of combatants.
- Judge: determine the points scored by each combatant in a contest.
- Referee: enforce the rules relating to a combat sport during a contest.
- Timekeeper: regulate the number and length of rounds, and the interval between rounds during a contest.
You will need to apply to be registered as an industry participant for the registration class applicable to your activity.