Reserve Use Permit - New South Wales


You will require this permit if you intend to engage in any activity in, or occupy or make use of, a travelling stock reserve. Generally this permit is issued for the purpose of establishing and maintaining an apiary however, you may be eligible for a permit for other purposes.

A travelling stock reserve is any route or land set aside for travelling or grazing stock, including a stock watering place. These reserves can be beneficial in times of drought, bushfires or floods. It is important for this land to be managed to ensure a balance between the needs of travelling or grazing stock and the conservation of native species.

Please note that NSW is divided into 11 regions. Each region has an office which is responsible for the management of travelling stock reserves in its area.

Please consult your regional office for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult your regional office for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


A permit, unless sooner cancelled or suspended, remains in force for the period specified in the permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.


Act(s) name

Local Land Services Act 2013 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Local Land Services Regulation 2014 New South Wales

Lodgement process


You may be able to make your application orally or using an approved form. If you application is made orally, you may be requested to confirm your application in writing.

Administering agency

Department of Regional NSW

Local Land Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.