You will need this licence if you intend to undertake an activity for scientific, educational or conservation purposes, that is likely to result in one or more of the following:
- harm to a protected native animal, or to an animal that is a threatened species or is part of an endangered population or an endangered ecological community
- harm to any protected native plant, or any plant that is a threatened species or is part of an endangered population or an endangered ecological community
- damage to a declared area of outstanding biodiversity values
- damage to a habitat of a threatened species or a threatened ecological community
- collect voucher specimens for identification purposes, pick cuttings or whole plants or collect seeds.
There are multiple classes of licences that may have specific requirements and durations.