To be eligible for this permit you must:
- provide a certificate of successful completion of a firearms safety training course (if required);
- provide written confirmation of details of the research project, purpose of the project, duration and location of the research to be conducted;
- show that the research is legitimate scientific research;
- show that the firearm is necessary in the conduct of that research;
- provide proof of identity (if no other NSW firearms licence or permit is held or been held);
- submit the application form with the requirement documentation;
- submit a business declaration form;
- submit a legitimate reason form with the required documentation; and
- pay any required fees.
Businesses, clubs or other organisations must supply their ABN, ACN, business registration certificate and public liability insurance documentation.
You may also need to complete an approved firearms safety training course. This requirement is dependent on whether you have previously held a firearms licence or permit in New South Wales.
Further eligibility requirement details are outlined in the attached documents.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.