If you are the master or owner of a large ship you must ensure that you obtain a Sewage Pollution Prevention Certificate before you begin a voyage.
A large ship means a ship:
- That has a gross tonnage of 400 tons or more;
- That has a gross tonnage of less than 400 tons and that is certified to carry more than 15 persons; or
- That does not have a measured tonnage and is certified to carry more than 15 persons.
Please be aware that:
- You must ensure that the certificate is carried on board the ship;
- If you hold a certificate in a different state or under commonwealth legislation you may not require this certificate; and
- The ship must also have adequate insurance.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.