** Scheduled maintenance **

The Department of Industry, Science and Resources has scheduled maintenance that will affect this service. From 7:00am to 11:00pm Saturday 20 July 2024 (AEDT). During this time you may experience intermittent disruptions to the service.

Short-term Licences - New South Wales


You will need this licence if you intend to undertake a short-term activity on Crown Land.

A short-term activity includes an activity or event which goes for a limited duration, such as:

  • a music festival or gala day
  • filming or photography
  • environmental protection and / or rehabilitation - for example, foreshore stabilisation, eradication of noxious weeds or land regeneration
  • education and training - for example, 4WD training or SES drills
  • environmental studies or monitoring - for example, flora and fauna surveys, endangered species protection.

Short-term licences require a one-off rental fee, except in instances where a significant community or environmental benefit can be demonstrated. The Agency recommends applications be submitted at least two months prior to the commencement of your intended activity.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fee information is in the attached fee resource.

Act(s) name

Crown Land Management Act 2016 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Crown Land Management Regulation 2018 New South Wales

Application process


Applications should be submitted at least two months prior to the proposed start date.

Administering agency

Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure

Crown Lands

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.