Traffic Control Work Training Card - New South Wales


You will need this card if you intend to conduct traffic control work on or adjacent to public roads. Workers in varying industries such as manufacturing, retail and construction may need to obtain this card. For example:

  • A supermarket with a loading dock that is accessed via a public road. The supermarket worker will need this card to be able to direct traffic to allow the truck to reverse into the loading dock.
  • A worker may be need to hold this card on a construction site where vehicles / trucks are accessing via a public road and traffic is needed to be stopped to allow vehicles in and out of the site.

School crossing supervisors, heavy vehicle inspectors, emergency services personnel, defence and commonwealth employees do not need one of these cards.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

If you do not have a card, you will need to get one by undertaking training at a SafeWork NSW Registered Training Organisation.

If you have an existing Traffic Control Card from Transport for NSW, you will need to convert it to a Traffic Control Work Training Card.

The Automatic Mutual Recognition framework allows you to conduct traffic control work if you have an equivalent card from another jurisdiction, except for Queensland.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All -

Please consult your training provider for information on training fees.

General Duplicate Certificate All $39.00

Replacement card. Fees for 2023-24


Administering agency

Department of Customer Service

SafeWork NSW

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.