A transport certificate must include the following information:
- the date the waste was picked up
- the intended date of delivery
- the date of receiving facility's acceptance or rejection of the waste
- the date the waste is disposed of, treated or temporarily stored
- the date rejected waste arrives back at the consignor's premises
- any discrepancies.
The receiving waste facility must retain a transport certificate for four years from receipt of the waste.
You are required to obtain a consignment authorisation before waste can be transported. A transport certificate can be generated from a consignment authorisation because most of the required information is detailed in the relevant consignment authorisation.