Vessel Registration - New South Wales


You will need this registration to use the navigable waterways in NSW if you own one of the following types or sizes of vessels:

  • power-driven vessels with an engine power rating of 4.0 kilowatts or more
  • any power-driven or sailing vessel of 5.5 metres or longer
  • every vessel subject to a mooring licence
  • personal watercraft (PWC).

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You must be 16 or older to be eligible.


1 year


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Marine Safety Act 1998 New South Wales

Administering agency

Transport for NSW

Roads and Maritime Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.