You will require this licence if you intend to operate a business that processes or serves food to vulnerable people. A vulnerable person for the purpose of this licence is any person with a vulnerable immune system, such as:
- the elderly
- children under four years of age
- pregnant women
- people receiving therapeutic care / medical assistance in an identified facility.
Businesses which may require this licence include:
- aged care facilities and care services
- respite services
- certain delivered meal organisations.
Please note that:
- all businesses that supply food to vulnerable people must comply with relevant parts of the Food Standards Code
- depending on the nature of your activities you may need to have an audited Food Safety Program in place for your business
- some businesses may be exempt from this licence.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.