You will require this licence if you intend to operate a business that processes or serves food to vulnerable people. A vulnerable person for the purpose of this licence is any person with a vulnerable immune system, such as:
- The elderly;
- Children under four years of age;
- Pregnant women; or
- People receiving therapeutic care / medical assistance in an identified facility.
Businesses which may require this licence include:
- Aged care facilities and care services;
- Respite services; and
- Certain delivered meal organisations.
Please note that:
- All businesses that supply food to vulnerable people must comply with relevant parts of the Food Standards Code; and
- Depending on the nature of your activities you may need to have an audited Food Safety Program in place for your business; and
- Some businesses may be exempt from this licence.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.