Walking Stock Permit - New South Wales


You may need this permit if you intend to travel stock through a travelling stock reserve. A travelling stock reserve is any route or land set aside for travelling stock, including a stock watering place.

This type of permit is generally issued for:

  • long distance travel by travelling stock walking from one region to another
  • travelling stock throughout a region during times of drought.

Please note that NSW is divided into 11 regions. Each region has an office which is responsible for the management of travelling stock reserves in its area.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Local Land Services Act 2013 New South Wales

Regulation(s) name

Local Land Services Regulation 2014 New South Wales

Application process


You must apply for a stock permit at least 2 working days in advance and must notify your regional office of any variation in the journey.

You may be able to make your application orally or using an approved form. If you application is made orally, you may be requested to confirm your application in writing.

Administering agency

Department of Regional NSW

Local Land Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.