Approval to Carry Out Work on a Heritage Place or Object - Northern Territory


You may need this approval if you plan to carry out any construction or development work on a heritage listed property in the Northern Territory. Work carried out on a heritage property is classified under one of three categories:

  • exempt work which does not need formal approval
  • minor work which the Heritage Council makes decisions about
  • major works which the Minister makes decisions about.

Exempt work is set out in the regulations and may include activities like routine cleaning, temporary fencing for safety reasons or installing new services such as phone lines, water pipes, electrical wiring or fire extinguishers.

For work that is not exempt, you will need to contact and submit a completed application form.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.

Administering agency

Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.