Approval to Import or Export Explosives - Northern Territory


You will need this approval if you intend to import or export all explosives (other than safety cartridges and distress signals), into or out of the Northern Territory.

 You are required to notify the agency of:

  • any intention to import or export explosives
  • the arrival of each import delivery of explosives.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible, you must:

  • be 18 or older
  • be an appropriate person for approval.


1 year


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.

Act(s) name

Dangerous Goods Act 1998 Northern Territory

Regulation(s) name

Dangerous Goods Regulations 1985 Northern Territory

Administering agency

Department of the Attorney-General and Justice

NT WorkSafe

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Supporting information