Bore Work Permit - Northern Territory


A bore construction permit is required for bores constructed within a Water Control District (These are Darwin Rural, Gove, Daly Roper Beetaloo, Ti Tree, Western Davenport, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs and Great Artesian Basin). Further information may be obtained from the Water Licensing Officer. A licence to take groundwater may be required for uses other than stock and domestic purposes.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Two years.



Act(s) name

Water Act 1992 Northern Territory

Administering agency

Department of Environment and Natural Resources

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Water Licensing Officer - Alice Springs

Operating address: AZRI Building
Stuart Highway South
Alice Springs NT 0871
Mailing address: PO Box 1120
Alice Springs NT 0871
Phone: 0889519215
Fax: 0889519268
Website: (Opens in new window)