You will need this permit if you intend to construct or undertake work on water bores in a water control district. A water bore is a natural or constructed hole in the ground used to:
- take or monitor groundwater
- inject water to recharge an aquifer
- dispose waste into groundwater.
This permit will allow you to undertake the following activities:
- drill and construct a new or replacement bore
- remove, replace, alter, slot or repair the casing, lining or screen of bore
- alter or deepen a bore
- decommission, plug, backfill or seal off a bore.
The following districts are water control districts:
- Alice Springs
- Daly Roper Beetaloo
- Darwin rural
- Great Artesian Basin
- Tennant Creek
- Ti Tree
- Western Davenport.
Please contact the agency for more information.