You will need to comply with this code if you intend to be responsible for the welfare of wild or farmed crocodiles.
Good welfare of farmed crocodiles ensures that crocodiles cope well within their environment and that factors such as growth, reproductive performance, disease levels, injuries and death rates are within industry standards.
The code prescribes standards to ensure that crocodiles have:
- appropriate and sufficient food and water
- opportunity to display appropriate patterns of behaviour
- physical handling which minimises unreasonable or unnecessary pain or distress
- protection from and/or rapid diagnosis and correct treatment of injury/disease
- freedom for all necessary and natural movements.