You will need this licence if you intend to undertake the following work as a commercial agent:
- locate or seize items subject to a hire purchase agreement or bill of sale
- collect or request payment of debts
- get evidence for legal proceedings
- search for missing persons on behalf of someone else
- seize goods to recover rates, taxes or money
- carry out legal processes as the result of a judgement or court order.
You can be licensed as an individual agent or as a corporation. All licensed agents must have an approved manager.