Commercial Passenger Vehicle Identity Card - Northern Territory


You will need a Commercial Passenger Vehicle (CPV) ID card if you intend to operate a CPV for hire or reward. A CPV ID card identifies:

  • you as a commercial passenger vehicle driver
  • the category of CPV that you drive
  • where you can drive.

All CPV drivers must display their CPV ID card in their vehicle, except for limousine and rideshare drivers, who must produce their card on demand. Tourist vehicle and motor omnibus drivers do not need to hold a CPV ID card.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible to for this licence, you must:

  • hold an NT driver licence with 'H' endorsement.

Some classes of CPV will also require endorsement from an operator or industry body before an ID card can be granted. Endorsement may require obtaining a requisite level of knowledge and skill to perform the role.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All You do not need to pay any fees.

Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
General All CPV ID Card Requirements - PDF (Opens in new window)

Administering agency

Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics

Passenger Transport Division

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.