Dangerous Goods Vehicle Licence - Northern Territory


You will need to licence your vehicle if you intend to use it to transport dangerous goods or explosives by road. A dangerous goods vehicle licence can list more than one vehicle.

Note that different application forms must be submitted, depending on whether you will be transporting dangerous goods or explosives.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


3 years.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount
Apply Application All $86.00
Renew Renewal All $86.00
Transfer Transfer All $86.00

Act(s) name

Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail (National Uniform Legislation) Act 2010 Northern Territory

Regulation(s) name

Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail (National Uniform Legislation) Regulations 2011 Northern Territory

Administering agency

NT WorkSafe

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Territory Business Centre - Darwin

Licensing NT

Operating address: Building 3, Darwin Corporate Park
631 Stuart Highway
Berrimah, Northern Territory 0828
Mailing address: GPO BOX 9800
Darwin, Northern Territory 0801
Toll Free: 1800 193 111
Phone: 08 8982 1700
Fax: 08 8982 1725
Email: territorybusinesscentre@nt.gov.au
Website: Business and Industry (Opens in new window)