Drilling Licence - Water Act - Northern Territory


All water bore drillers in the Northern Territory must be licensed. Interstate licensed drillers require NT endorsement. If you intend to drill in a Water Control District, a Bore Construction Permit is also required.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Must have completed the required training and/or hold relevant and current State or Territory Drilling licence


5 years.




Act(s) name

Water Act 1992 NT

Administering agency

Department of Environment and Natural Resources

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Water Licensing Officer - Katherine

Operating address: 32 Giles Street
Katherine NT 0852
Mailing address: PMB 123
Katherine NT 0852
Phone: 0889738832
Fax: 0889738894
Email: water.Licensing@nt.gov.au
Website: https://nt.gov.au/environment/water/water-resources-of-the-nt/contact-water-resources (Opens in new window)