Explosives Business Licence - Northern Territory


This licence is required to store, possess and sell Class 1 dangerous goods, eg explosives including shopgoods fireworks, in the Northern Territory.
If you intend to use, handle or store hazardous chemicals on site in amounts that exceed the manifest quantities listed in Schedule 11 of the Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Regulations, you are required to notify the Regulator.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Site Plan of premises




Current fees are available on the website: http://www.worksafe.nt.gov.au/LicensingAndRegistration/Pages/fees-charges.aspx

Act(s) name

Dangerous Goods Act 1998 Northern Territory

Additional information

Application forms are to be lodged at a Territory Business Centre.

Administering agency

NT WorkSafe

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Operating address: Ground Floor, Building 3, Darwin Corporate Park
631 Stuart Highway
Berrimah NT 0801
Mailing address: GPO Box 1722
Darwin NT 0801
Toll Free: 1800019115
Email: ntworksafe@nt.gov.au
Website: http://www.worksafe.nt.gov.au/ (Opens in new window)