Explosives Manufacture Licence - Northern Territory


You will need this licence if you intend to manufacture explosives. Explosives include, but are not limited to, ammunition, blasting charges, fireworks and pyrotechnics.

Licence holders must keep and maintain a record of:

  • quantities of explosives manufactured and the date of manufacture
  • the quantity of explosives sold or used and the date of sale or use
  • the place where explosives are used and for what purpose
  • the signature of the purchaser.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Fee information is in the attached fee resource.


Act(s) name

Dangerous Goods Act 1998 Northern Territory

Regulation(s) name

Dangerous Goods Regulations 1985 Northern Territory


Licence is not transferable.

Administering agency

Department of the Attorney-General and Justice

NT WorkSafe

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Supporting information