You will need this licence if you intend to possess and display firearms.
A collector is a person whose genuine reason for possessing firearms is to collect and display firearms:
- for curiosities or ornaments
- for their historic or artistic value, or mechanical uniqueness.
A collector's piece is a firearm that a collector may want for either of the reasons stated above, and may include a firearm that:
- would not normally be permitted to be registered
- is unsafe
- the applicant does not wish to register the firearm to be carried or discharged
- is approved by the Commissioner of Police as a collector's piece.