Home Based Business Approval - Northern Territory


You may need to obtain approval if you intend to operate your business from home. Home based businesses may include:

  • family day care for no more than seven children
  • carrying out an occupation or profession
  • provision of temporary accommodation on a commercial basis within the home.

The type of approval that you need will vary according to the zone of your land and the type of business you will be operating.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.


Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All NT Planning Scheme 2020 (Opens in new window)

Administering agency

Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.