Import Permits - Northern Territory


A Permit for Introduction is required for imports into the Northern Territory of certain fruits and plants (eg avocado, banana, grapes and grapevine material, potato, soyabean plants or seed); grapevine related equipment; soil, compost and potting mix; and plant related materials (eg packaging, pallets, containers, agricultural equipment, earth moving equipment).

A Plant Health Certificate from the sending jurisdiction is required for imports of certain fresh fruit, fruiting vegetables, plants (eg avocado, banana, citrus, maize, grapes and grapevines, papaya, passionfruit, peanuts, potato and soyabean), grapevine related equipment, plant related materials, soil and plants in soil.

Northern Territory produce consigned interstate may require a Plant Health Certificate to accompany each consignment to meet the Entry Requirements of the destination State.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Act(s) name

Plant Health 2008 Northern Territory

Administering agency

Primary Industry

Quarantine NT

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:


Phone: 0889992118
Fax: 0889992053