Liquor Licence - Northern Territory


This licence is required in order to sell alcohol. This applies to such activities as restaurants, hotels, cruises or tour operators, offering or providing alcohol to their clients. The Act does not allow for the taking of alcohol onto Restricted Areas such as Aboriginal Communities. You should also be aware of the restrictions imposed by the Commonwealth Stronger Futures in the NT Act 2012 relating to the possession, consumption, supply or transport of liquor in prescribed areas.
Activities conducted on Commonwealth land, such as army base clubs are exempted under the Liquor Act.

Provisions are in place for licence holders to apply for a special licence or a special continuing licence to allow for the selling of alcohol at times other than stipulated on the liquor licence, or in the case of sporting or social clubs selling alcohol to members.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Until revoked, cancelled or suspended.


$200 application fee

Act(s) name

Liquor Act 2018 Northern Territory

Administering agency

Licensing NT

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Territory Business Centre, Darwin

Operating address: Ground Floor, Building 3, Darwin Corporate Park
631 Stuart Highway
Berrimah NT 0828
Mailing address: GPO Box 9800
Darwin NT 0801
Toll Free: 1800193111
Phone: 0889821700
Fax: 0889821725
Website: (Opens in new window)