You may need to comply with this code if you conduct a business in which you have a duty to manage a workplace environment and facilities.
You may achieve compliance with your legislative requirements through another method if it provides an equivalent or higher standard of work health and safety.
Duties in relation to how to manage and control workplace environments and facilities include:
- providing adequate and accessible facilities for the welfare of workers
- providing and maintaining work environments, plant and structures and systems of work without risks to health and safety
- ensuring the safe use, handling, and storage of plant, structures, and substances
- providing access to facilities for workers such as toilets, drinking water, and washing and eating facilities
- providing information, training, instructions or supervision needed to protect all persons from health and safety risks that may arise from work carried out
- monitoring the health of workers and the conditions of the workplace for the purpose of preventing illness or injury.