You will need this lease if you intend to mine for minerals. A mineral lease (ML) gives you the right to occupy the title area and gives you exclusive rights to conduct all the following activities, in the title area:
- mine for minerals and other activities specified in the Mineral Titles Act 2010
- explore for minerals
- evaluate, process or refine minerals
- treat of tailings and other material
- store waste and other material
- any other approved activities specified in the lease
- remove minerals
- mine extractive minerals
- conduct tourist fossicking.
If you hold a mineral lease for mining, you can also apply for an ancillary mineral lease to conduct associated activities such as a treatment plant. You cannot mine on an ancillary mineral lease.