You will need to comply with this Code of Practice if you intend to be responsible for the welfare of camels.
Good welfare of farmed camels ensures that camels cope well within their environment and that factors such as growth, reproductive performance, disease levels, injuries and death rates are within industry standards.
The code prescribes standards to ensure that farmed camels have:
- appropriate and sufficient food and water
- social contact with other camels
- opportunity to display appropriate patterns of behavior
- protection from predation
- protection from disease
- provision of reasonable precautions against the effects of natural disaster
- protection from unnecessary, unreasonable or unjustified pain, suffering and injury