Notification of Works - Northern Territory


Notification must be given depending on the type of work between 24 hours to five days prior to commencement of works. Some notifications require a Risk Management Plan for the proposed work including drawings and sketches.

The following types of work may not be commenced until NT WorkSafe has been notified:

  • Notification - Commencement of Gas Works
  • Notification - Construction or Repair of Gas Main
  • Notification of Asbestos removal
  • Notification of Demolition
  • Notification of Lead risk work
  • Notification of Pipelines
  • Notification of worker removed from lead risk work

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

  • Varies from component person to licence required.


Per event.



Additional information

Lodge at Worksafe NT

Administering agency

NT WorkSafe

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Operating address: Ground Floor, Building 3, Darwin Corporate Park
631 Stuart Highway
Berrimah NT 0801
Mailing address: GPO Box 1722
Darwin NT 0801
Toll Free: 1800019115
Website: (Opens in new window)