Pastoral Vehicle Permit - Northern Territory


You will need this permit if you intend to drive an unregistered vehicle for work purposes on public roads.

The permit will allow you to drive an unregistered vehicle for work purposes on public roads in any of the following situations:

  • within your specified property
  • when necessary roads connect parts of the same property
  • for fire management operations.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible, you will need to:

  • ensure your pastoral vehicle meets the minimum safety standards
  • undertake a roadworthy inspection if directed by the agency.


1 year


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.


You may transfer the permit to a replacement vehicle if the vehicle can no longer be serviced or is redundant.

Administering agency

Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics

Motor Vehicle Registry

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.