Permit for Trade and Commerce on a Park or Reserve - Northern Territory


You must apply for this permit if you intend to take commercial photography or filming on a Park or Reserve managed by the Parks and Wildlife Commission.

This permit applies to the use of drones within parks. You are required to apply for a permit to fly or land aircraft, including a drone, for commercial use including where film or photographs taken from the aircraft are sold or used to promote a product or business:

For more information on trade and commerce permits, please contact the department.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.




Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Lodge Application All $55.00 The fee for application is $55.

Please contact the Department of Tourism and Culture for any further information on fees.


Task Business Structure Resources
Common All Trade and Commerce Permit - PDF (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Territory Parks & Wildlife Conservation Act 1976 Northern Territory

Approval time

Please allow 5 working days to process application.

Additional information

Evidence must be provided of liability insurance cover, not less than ten million dollars ($10,000,000).
For more information, please contact the department.

Administering agency

Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Permits Office

Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture

Operating address: Level 1 JHV2
356 Bagot Road
Millner NT 0810
Mailing address: PO Box 1448
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 0889994795
Fax: 0889994524
Website: (Opens in new window)