Permit to Burn - Northern Territory


Permits to burn are required by the Northern Territory Fire and Rescue Service (NTFRS) year round within the Darwin Emergency Response Area (ERA).
Burning is not permitted at any time in the Municipal areas of Darwin and Palmerston.

For further information regarding permits, contact your local Fire Station or Volunteer Fire Brigade.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


As specified on permit.



Act(s) name

Bushfires Management Act 2016 Northern Territory

Administering agency

Bushfires NT

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Website: (Opens in new window)