Permit to Carry out Works in or on a Public Place - Roper Gulf Regional Council - Northern Territory


You will need this permit if you intend to carry out works in a public place.

Works in a public place includes:

  • digging or excavating
  • removing turf, sand clay, soil or other material from or beneath a public place
  • erecting, building, planting or maintaining any plant, pipe, cable or structure
  • installing or repairing underground services.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $200.00

Tier 1, standard, non-complex work (e.g. completed in a single work shift with minor traffic control requirements). Fees for 2021-22

Apply Application All -

Tier 2 non-program complex works (projects conducted over an extended time, such as private housing estate developments with a new intersection and drainage works to be constructed to link into the existing road network). These fees are variable; refer to your local council.

Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Road Opening Permit Guide - PDF (Opens in new window)

Administering agency

Roper Gulf Regional Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.