Permit to Carry out Works in or on a Public Place - Northern Territory


You will need this permit if you intend to carry out works in a public place.

Works in a public place includes:

  • digging or excavating
  • removing turf, sand clay, soil or other material from or beneath a public place
  • erecting, building, planting or maintaining any plant, pipe, cable or structure
  • installing or repairing underground services.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the council to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact your council for information on fees to be submitted.


Administering agency

Your local council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.