Permit to conduct Commercial Activities in Northern Territory Parks & Reserves - Northern Territory


This permit is required for undertaking commercial operations within a park or reserve.

Commercial operations can include but are not limited to: commercial filming, photography, guided tours (bushwalking, 4X4 vehicles, mini bus tours, horse riding, abseiling, canoeing, kayaking, rafting, camel rides), cruise boats, float planes, food vans, horse drawn carriages, cycling, trail bikes etc.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Concessions may be granted if they are consistent with the Plan of Management for the proposed area, if any; and if the operation enhances the appropriate use and enjoyment of the land. Applicants must complete an Application form which is subject to approval. Some applications may require land council approval.
Major and minor concessions may also require $20,000,000 Public Liability Insurance cover.


Minor Concession Permit Terms vary from 1 to 3 years; Major Concession Permit Terms are variable.


Minor Concession Application Assessment Fee $300.00 (refundable if not approved).
Fees for Minor Concessions are variable.
Major concessions do not attract an Application Fee.
Fees for Major Concessions are variable.

Application fees can be paid by EFT, cash or cheque.


Other resources

Act(s) name

Territory Parks & Wildlife Conservation Act 2006 NT

Administering agency

Parks and Wildlife Commission of the Northern Territory

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Operating address: Level 1 JHV2
356 Bagot Road
Millner NT 0810
Mailing address: PO Box 496
Palmerston NT 0831
Phone: 0889994419
Fax: 0889994524
Website: (Opens in new window)