Permit to Conduct Commercial Activities in Parks and Reserves - Northern Territory


You will need this permit if you intend to do business or undertake commercial activities in a park or reserve. The business you propose must be assessed and approved before you can submit an application or permit for that business.

You will need to apply for a major concession or a minor concession.

A minor concession can include businesses such as:

  • refreshment kiosks
  • tearooms
  • souvenir or craft shops
  • small hire operations such as canoes or bicycles
  • safari camps
  • park-based tours such as a caving tour and instruction
  • cruise boat tours and instructions.

A major concession can include businesses such as:

  • services or guided leisure activities
  • motels
  • caravan parks
  • camping areas
  • food outlets that also hires canoes and bicycles
  • luxury safari camps
  • guided boat tours.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible, you must:

  • pay a security deposit
  • hold public liability insurance of at least $10,000,000
  • have comprehensive insurance over the property used by the application in the operation of the permit
  • provide a current resume detailing your past 10 years of experience
  • provide three written references that are relevant to the proposed facility.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $300.00

Fees for 2023-24

Local law(s) name

Territory Parks and Wildlife Conservation By-laws 1984

Approval time

Up to three months

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security

Parks and Wildlife Commission

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.