Permit to Operate a Mobile Food / Coffee Van in a Park or Reserve - Northern Territory


You will need this permit if you intend to operate a mobile coffee or food van in a Northern Territory national park or reserve. The sale of alcohol is not authorised under this permit.

Applications must contain:

  • a detailed site plan of the proposed location
  • a description of the type/model of coffee/food van with an attached photo
  • a description of how you will be self-sufficient with power and water
  • a notification of proposed generator use where required
  • your proposed operating days and times.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit, you must:

  • have a registered business name, registered ABN, and be registered with the NT department of health.
  • be self-sufficient with power, water supplies, and waste
  • have public and product liability insurance of at least $10,000,000
  • show a public need for this service.


Up to three years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.

Local law(s) name

Territory Parks and Wildlife Conservation By-laws 1984

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security

Parks and Wildlife Commission

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.