Permit to Take or Interfere with Wildlife - Northern Territory


You will need this permit if you intend to take or interfere with wildlife, which includes animals and plants that are indigenous to Australia. This permit will be required for the following:

  • removing problem animals
  • scientific purposes and research
  • commercial purposes - including seed harvesting, taking timber for didgeridoos or observing nesting marine turtles, pet trade collection, crocodile egg harvesting.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible you must:

  • have written permission from the relevant land holder or land council
  • be a fit and proper person to hold a wildlife permit.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please check with the agency for information on fees to be submitted.

Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Your Safety and Permits in Parks (Opens in new window)

Local law(s) name

Territory Parks and Wildlife Conservation By-laws 1984

Approval time

Up to two weeks.

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security

Parks and Wildlife Commission

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Permit Officer

Parks and Wildlife Commission

Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security

Northern Territory
Operating address: Jape Homemaker Village
Level 1
356 Bagot Road
Millner, Northern Territory 0810
Mailing address: PO BOX 496
Palmerston, Northern Territory 0831
Phone: 08 8999 4814
Fax: 08 8999 4524