Permit to Undertake Organised Activities in a Public Place - West Arnhem Regional Council - Northern Territory


You will require this permit if you intend to undertake certain activities in Jabiru's reserves, parks, beaches, foreshores, shopping precincts, pedestrian malls or other public land use areas.

These activities include:

  • organising or participating in a religious service or rally
  • taking part in a procession or demonstration
  • organising or participating in a political meeting or political rally
  • consuming or causing to be consumed an alcoholic beverage
  • distributing or exhibiting a printed or written pamphlet or handbill
  • selling, exposing, or offering for sale goods, refreshments, plants, fruits, or other merchandise or thing
  • driving, riding, or bringing a vehicle over a public reserve
  • removing sand, stone, timber, or other material or property
  • erecting a building or structure
  • using a microphone, loudspeaker, megaphone, or other means of sound magnification.

Reserves are defined as any land that is owned, occupied, or controlled by your local council and is dedicated or used for cultural, recreational, or entertainment purposes. This includes any structures, fixtures, fittings, and gardens on the reserve.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the council to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact your council for information on fees to be submitted.


Administering agency

West Arnhem Regional Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.